During his 28-year career, Marc has litigated hundreds of employment cases on behalf of both employers and employees in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. Marc has also handled numerous cases before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Merit Systems Protection Board.
Marc has successfully litigated cases involving a broad array of employment issues, including:
- Race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age and disability discrimination;
- Sexual and other forms of harassment;
- Wage and hour matters, including claims for unpaid wages, overtime compensation, bonuses and unpaid commission
- Family and Medical Leave Act claims;
- Breach of contract;
- Wrongful termination;
- Claims for severance pay;
- ERISA issues;
- Non-compete and non-solicitation issues.
Marc also has significant appellate experience at the state and federal level, and is licensed to practice before the Fourth, Sixth and Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals as well as the appellate courts in the State of Maryland the District of Columbia.
Fortunately, the vast majority of employment cases are resolved prior to trial. While Marc has successfully settled countless employment disputes prior to trial, he has successfully tried a number of bench and jury trials to conclusion when settlement was not possible.